Do you want to be an integral part of this year’s very popular Chelmsford Marathon and brand NEW 5K Run?
The J’s Hospice are looking to recruit those all important volunteers to fill several key roles and ensure that our event is a big success. An event of this scale takes a huge amount of people power!
We have a variety of roles to suit everybody:
• Baggage collection: Collecting baggage from participants at the start and putting the bags in ‘bib number’ order ready for runners to collect after the race.
• Course marshals: Ensure participant safety by directing runners along the course and at difficult intersections. Arrival times and commitment may vary throughout the course.
• Crowd control / start and finish area: Direct participants to where they need to go and prevent congestion at start and finish areas.
• Goody Bags: Work prior to the Marathon will be needed within this role along with ‘on the day’ support. We need packers and distributors to join the team.
• Medals: Handing out the very important medals at the finish line.
• Admin: We need individuals to help with the administration of the event, to answer questions and deal with enquiries.
• Photographers: Help us capture the excitement of race day by taking photos at the start/finish or on the course.
• Supply collectors and distributors: We are looking for strong individuals to help with distribution of supplies, through to setting up water stations and the unloading of vans and goodies. (Availability: either Friday/Saturday/Sunday or all)
• Set-Up: Volunteers are required to help with the set up of both the course and start/finish area. This position will require an early start.
• Break Down: This role requires volunteers to help the Event Team to tear down the course and start/finish line. (Availability: late afternoon)
• Press: We are looking for 2-3 keen individuals to field press enquiries and obtain quotes from runner and their supporters.
Volunteers will receive:
• Full briefing
• J’s Hospice T-shirt
• A huge sense of achievement and fulfillment by helping a small charity make a BIG difference!
If you would like to offer your help on the day please complete the Marathon 2016 Volunteer Form and send the form to email@example.com or send to Alexandra House, Ground Floor, 36A Church Street, Great Baddow, Chelmsford, CM2 7HY.
Many Thanks for your support and see you on the day!